Energy Rating Windows
What is all the fuss about?
Window Energy Ratings use a consumer friendly traffic light style A-E ratings guide similar to that used on white goods, such as fridges, freezers, washing machines etc. This ratings label can be used by consumers to make more informed choices about the energy efficiency of the windows they are looking to purchase.
With carbon emissions high on the global agenda and the current high cost of fuel, consumers are looking for ways to make their homes more energy efficient.
When windows are tested a unique label unique label is given.
This label will display the following information:
- The rating level - A, B, C.
- The energy rating eg. -3kWh/ m2.K in this example the product will lose 3 kilowatt hours per square metre per year.
- The window U value eg. 1.4W/ m2.K
- The effective heat loss due to air penetration as L eg. 0.01 W/ m2.K
- The solar heat gain eg. g=0.43
Simply put this will determine how well a product will perform the functions of:
- Helping you contain and conserve heat within your building in the winter
- Keep out the wind
- Resist condensation
- Contribute to improved sound insulation
Click here for further information about Energy Ratings